Placing Adsense on mobile version of WordPress Blog can be a useful way to maximize your income as internet browsing transit to mobile view, so also, website owners working to make their sites mobile ready for their readers.
Various Ad networks have also joined the move in other to help business owners (advertisers) reach the targeted audience on mobile. Webmasters / Publishers are not left out in this innovation cos they are the source of traffic from where advertisers get readers by placing adverts through Ad Networks.
Nevertheless, a good number of publishers finds it difficult to monetize their sites while presenting its mobile version to their readers. Reason been that most mobile themes does not support ads especially that of Google Adsense, therefore denying webmasters the opportunity to earn revenue from their mobile site.
I, for instance once mobilized this blog with a beautiful mobile theme Carrington Mobile together with WordPress Multi Site plugins, but found out after a few weeks that I have not generated any revenue from my mobile site. It became a big challenge.
Well, I had no choice than to find alternative.
I succeeded in replacing the search bar of that theme with google custom search bar which I inserted adsense codes, but it still didn’t convert revenue to my satisfaction. Huh!
What next? I then dug further and found a post about using Post Layout Plugin which didn’t work also cos of the theme pattern of my site, then I was using News Flash theme.
A friend also designed Mobilepress plugin for me and placed adsense codes which worked fine, but the mobilepress outlook on mobile is not good to my liking.
Then What Did I Do To Display Ads On Mobile.
When I found out that Post Layout Plugin works great on displaying ads on mobile, I had to get the Genesis framework together with eleven40 child theme from studiopress for $79.95. After a few setup, I installed Post Layout plugin, generated adsense mobile ads and pasted the codes into the box made available for it and that’s all.
Wow! Ads now showing on the mobile view of my site and I’m happy about that.
See the ad displaying below post on mobile version of my site:
So, you got to do the same to make your mobile site display ads…..
How to Placing Ad On Mobile Version Of WordPress Blog / Website
- Get a Genesis framework or any other compatible theme.
- Install theme and do some setup.
- Download Post Layout plugin, after installation, activate the plugin.
- Go to dashboard >>> go to Settings, under settings >>> find Post Layout plugin and click on it.
- In the setting menu is an option to force mobile dictation, check the box to enable all mobile visitors to be presented with a mobile view of your site.
- In the available boxes, generate your desired ad codes and paste the codes into the preferred box indicating a specific place of ads.
- Once you’re done click save.
- Now open your phone browser or operamini etc. Type your site url e.g. http://silvaniblog.com and click enter.
Once the page load, you will see ads showing on the selected place on your site.
That’s all, hope you enjoyed it!