Could this be the end of SEO after the latest Google update called Penguin Update? Did you lost hope in making your online business site visible on SERPs for your main keywords? If you did, you should know that this is one of the most favorable moments to reset / revise and start the high quality link building campaign again which can tip the scales in your favor.
If any of the things mentioned below happened to you, you will be more than interested to read this article down to the end:
- Did you receive a warning email from Google Search Quality Team in the late March or in the early April 2012
- Did your site ranking dropped just after April 19th or 20th or 24th 2012 or so
Let us see what really happened!
In the late March 2012 Google declared a war against link exchange blog networks. One of its signs was the warning notifications sent from Google to some site owners claiming that their sites were involved in link exchange schemes. The point though was that Google couldn’t be sure in what was stated in the warning. So, if you have received such notification, I will advice you just stop buying link for the next 3-6 weeks and don’t also remove the existing backlinks too since it will signalize to Google that it was right in its suspicions.
As well, I do suggest you having a good look at the set of tips I share in this post for those who have really faced the complications as a result of Google Penguin Update.
On April 19th 2012 Google launched its Panda 3.5 Update. It was meant to target low quality content and attempts to sculpture the PR by changing the site design. So, if you faced the rankings drop just after April 19th or 20th, please be informed that it has noting to do with your links but it’s rather caused by poor content of your site.
The only way out here is to get rid of duplicated contents and siloing elements in your site’s architecture. You can also improve your situation by creating Site Map for your site. This will help Google to index your site web pages more quickly.
Finally, do not forget about constant renewal of your contents by updating always, it influences the Google Spider to visit your site frequently.
Here We Come! On April 24, 2012 Google announced the launching of Pengium Update. This one is aimed at eliminating the spam on Google SERPs in terms of link building it meant that the definition of spammy link acquisition just changed considerably.
Since now, high quality links from high PR pages have taken the definitive lead over the ones from the so-called link farms. At the same time they do not guarantee your increase in ranking without following the Google rules of natural links acquisition.
Below Are Some Tips To Help You Avoid The Sanctions Previewed By Google Penguin Update, or to get recovered if these sanctions have already hit your site ranking.
- Diversify your backlink profile. You need all kinds of links be it dofollow, nofollow, relevant, irrelevant, on low PR and on high PR webpages.
- Revise Your Backlink Profile. I don’t usually suggest you’re removing the links. However, if you find out that some links come from the link farm (a website with more than 200 outbound links) or broken links, you have to remove them.
- If you find yourself to be penalized by mistake, you have to tell Google about it by using the form at Feedback on our recent algorithm update (“Penguin”)
- Pay more attention to the volecity of your link building campaign. Please be noticed that google doesn’t like when a large number of links are built within a short period, it doesn’t seem natural.
- Build links for different keywords. It doesn’t seem natural as well if all the links are built for the same keyword or for 2 keywords. The huge number of specific anchor texts links built for one or two keywords can trigger an abrupt drop of your position on SERPs.
And at the same time if you manage to run your link building campaign sticking to this new Google Penguin Rules. Your site rankings will meet your expectations. More of it, I am sure that your link building campaigns will take longer than usual, but on the other hand, the results you will get will last for longer period as well. So, as you can see, the Latest Google Penguin Update: Best Time for Smart SEO Campaign is really helpful. That’s exactly why I do consider this time as the best one for you to start the smarter link building campaign.