Pratical Tips To Save Money On Food
If you are planning to save money on food then you need to follow this tips. The first thing you need to do is understand your family size, lifestyle and storage area. The kind of flexibility you have in your schedule, the eating habit of your family (how frequent the family eats?).
You might need to save money because your income is not enough to meet daily household expenses. If you are facing such troubles, this post will surely offer a great help to you, as it will suggest to you some practical tips to save money on food.
According to research studies, the cost of eating out is four times more than that of eating at home.
If you can eat a cocktail in combination with dinner, you can save even more money. If both you and your spouse work, you can take lunch with you to
the office to save money. You can use restaurant coupons found in print ads, restaurant websites and through online services.
Now, here are some more practical tips to follow to save on food.
- First off all, make a list of each and everything you need before leaving for the market.
- Benefit from food coupons available in newspapers and on the Internet.
- Leave kids at home as they can add to the items you will buy.
- Purchase the most necessary items first and avoid purchasing stuff that you had not planned to buy.
- Purchase store brands if possible.
- Also buy in bulk if your budget allows that as you will likely receive discounts on bulk purchases. It is better to buy meat at the end of the day.
- While you are comparing prices on different items, make sure each item has the same amounts i.e. lbs or ozs.
- Subscribe to a wholesale club, such as Sam’s or Costco. It can save you 30 to 40% on food, however, it will need you to buy in bulk.
- Purchase and store lots of non-perishable or frozen items when they are offered to buy.
Another tip to save money on groceries is to get more freezer storage, you might buy 5.0 cu.
Ft. Freezer Chest. It will hold 175 lbs of food and it will cost you only a few dollars each month on the electricity bill. These freezers are small and can fit
anywhere in your home.
- Do not throw leftovers away, instead use them to make meals.
- Cook at home that same meal you want to buy from the restaurant.
- You can buy less-tender cuts of beef and use a crock-pot to cook them to enjoy a tender meal.
- Eat the food available in the refrigerator to avoid wasting them as a result of its going bad.
- For non-perishable items, such as cans and pasta, make extra pantry space.
- Freeze and store items that will take some days before you eat them and finally it is recommended to subscribe to a coupon-swapping club.